South Long Lake Church Cemetery provides a respectful and affordable burial space that meets the needs of our church and our community.
It is our intent to maintain the cemetery as quiet and beautiful final resting place with well kept turf and a variety of trees and shrubs to provide a place of peace and tranquility.
South Long Lake Church Cemetery is a Non Denominational Entity under the South Long Lake Church. This site is the original location of the South Long Lake Presbyterian Church built in 1914. After the fire destroyed the church in 2010 and members no longer wanted to be part of the Presbyterian Church, the church was dissolved and all assets were dispersed. The land was bestowed to the Long Lake Township and was under the stipulation that a church couldn’t purchase it for a period of 5 years. Meanwhile the South Long Lake Church was started in 2012 and held services at the Town Hall. When the 5 years were up the Church purchased the property intending to build there. Shortly after the purchase was done, the adjoining property was for sale so the Church also purchased that to convert the house into a church which was accomplished in a matter of weeks, which was more economical than building a new structure. So we pondered for a year or two about the uses for the original land, and by a vote of the congregation we decided to use it for a Cemetery.